12 Ways You Can Make a Difference in the Lives of Seriously Ill Children and Their Families:
We keep families close because togetherness empowers well-being. You can help. Click the links below to learn more.
- Donate: A little can change a lot. Every donation matters. Please donate online today.
- Volunteer: Volunteers are critical to our success in serving the families who need us. Come for a regular shift, sign up your group, or come in to cook a meal.
- Hold a Wish List Drive: Hundreds of families come through our doors each year and, as you can imagine, our supplies of laundry detergent, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and other necessities and comforts dwindle quickly. Help keep us stocked up with a Wish List Drive!
- Give at Work: Give the gift of hope and health from your desk by designating us by writing in Ronald McDonald House of Scranton on your United Way pledge card.
- Donate your vehicle: Making a donation is simple and costs you nothing, vehicle pick-up is free, and you get a tax deduction, all while helping families when they need it most! Find out more at CarsHelp.org.
- Come to our events: Working together, we can make a difference in the lives of children. RMHS special events, like the Show Your Stripes Run and Walk Series, are not only fun, but are a major source of funding. Your generous support and hard work really pays off when you join us as a sponsor, participant, or volunteer. All of our events can be found in the main menu on the top of this page.
- Hold your own event: Share your commitment to lift children and families to a better tomorrow by hosting a benefit for RMHS. Ideas include: Bowl-A-Thon, asking for donations in lieu of birthday presents, or a golf tournament. For more inspiration, read our Fundraiser Ideas!
- Join a Giving Circle: We invite you to become a member of a giving society whose members are active partners in the growth of our Ronald McDonald House Charities programs through contributions of $1,000 or more annually.
- Legacy Planning: Many of our supporters choose to support our future through planned gifts. Unlike cash donations, planned gifts are typically made from assets in your estate rather than from disposable income, and may come to fruition after your lifetime. Even people of modest means can make a difference in the lives of children by planning a gift. Find out more.
- Collect Pop Tabs: collecting pop tabs is an easy way to do something small that makes a big impact.
- Shop to Support: Before you do your online shopping, click here: https://rmhscranton.causenetwork.com/ A portion of every sale is donated to support RMHS, including 5% back from Amazon.com.
- Stop in at your local McDonald’s: Little by little, we can do a lot. The RMHC Donation Boxes at McDonalds are one of our most recognizable ongoing fundraisers.